Saturday, August 30, 2008

Politics

OK: I'm not one to get into a great debate about politics. However, how many people do you think vote because they were brought up by their parents to be a democrat or republican? I certainly voted the way my parents wanted me too the first time I voted at the age of 18.

Do you get irritated at the people that shove their party down your throat and look down at you because you are one or the other? I do.

Do you vote because McCain simply is a Republican?
Do you vote because Obama simply is a Democrat?
Are you going to judge the candiate by the changes they want to make or the policies they are going to keep?
If you watched the Democratic Convention and are swayed to vote for Obama, are you going to watch McCain's speech next week as well?


I did watch the Obama speech the other night and will watch McCain this coming week.
If I had to vote right now, it would be Obama. Change really is needed and McCain will have to convince me that he is the guy to do it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hmmm. I have never voted because mom and dad were D's. When I voted for the first time, I did my research and voted for the candidate I thought most fit. I will do the same this time.

Leenie said...

Mom always told me that if I voted Republican Grandpa would turnover in the grave. Yep...she pulled the grandpa card.

Jen said...

I vote the issues. As a business owner, taxes are a huge thing for us. There are also social issues that I believe in and will vote for the candidate that is more in line with those.