Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Traditions???

What is your favorite Christmas Tradition? New or Old..

My favorite old is baking cookies w/ my mom and sisters. (Usually, we just let Megzy watch:)
Also, we were going to try something different to eat for Christmas Eve and we just can't do it so we are going with the old standby---Lasagna and Garlic bread--YUMMO

10 years new- On Christmas Day with the in laws- we take turns opening our gifts one by one. The antcipation on the kids faces is great! Oh--and poker--yes- we play poker on Jesus' bday.

Newest Tradition: the Santa Advent Calendar that I bought. It has a little drawer for each day. I sneak pieces of candy in it and the kids think that Santa puts it in there everyday. If I forget, then, oopps, I tell the kids that maybe they weren't so good that day.

6 comments:

mommy to an angel said...

Christmas eve with extended family is my favorite long-term tradtion. Making Christmas cookies with Olivia is my favorite tradition that was just started last year. I hope she loves it 30 years from now just like you with your mom!

Anonymous said...

A couple from the Kamp/Schutt family...all available women head to the Walnut Room at Fields (oh, sorry...Macy's!) for an early Christmas lunch. On Christmas Eve all 40 some of us Kamps gather around the Christmas tree and someone will read Luke 2.

Megan said...

What???? I did so help make the cookies!! So what if I can't squeeze sausage out of the Casing...I still can make a damn cookie beleive it or not!!! Anyways, my favorite christmas memories were mostly of my grandparents spending the holiday with us. They were such wonderful people. Also, my mom and dad arguing while putting up the christmas tree...classic memoires. OOOHHHH FUUUUUUDGE!!

Megan said...

Wow, I finally figured out who mommy24 is....get a blog goin Dawn!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite tradition was sitting by the fire with a hot cup of cocoa and singing Christmas carols with my family when I was little and then packing up for a midnight sleigh ride with the jingle bells on the horses....Oh, you want reality?? Umm. I love baking cookies with my mom and sisters, and I also have a separate baking day with my boys. Every year I sneak downstairs before the boys get up and turn on the Christmas tree lights and turn on my Johnny Mathis CD. Every Christmas morning video of the kids has Johnny Mathis singing Silent Night in the background.
ReeRee

Aimee said...

I don't know if I can narrow it down to just one.

I love the times I have with family...we have to go here, there and everywhere, but I just love being with both sides of our families.

I also love to go and cut down our tree.

And I'm hoping to make a new tradition this year - for the first time ever, on Christmas Day, it will be just me, my hubby and our kids. :) I'm really looking forward to that!