Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Milestones..


OK--the comfy life of having that cute little guy sitting in one place, playing is over. Just today, Aaron decided he could crawl across the room faster than lightening, wave at himself, and pull himself up to a standing position. Yep--I walked in to get him at nap time and there he stood with a cheesy grin on his face.

It seems like Aaron's milestones are much greater than the other two. Why?

Because I feel like I missed the others. They probably started crawling around the same age, pulling themselves up at the same age, and watched their hands for an hour waving at themselves the same time. I feel like I missed everything because I wanted/had to work. I did choose to work so we could afford the house we are in but I think I would give it back to remember everything. I was in a good position at work and enjoyed it. I don't have a college degree and when I left working full time, I had over 20 employees under me, ran two units in the dept and had a great mentor--my boss. I became a supervisor after only working there 1.5 years. My boss is really great and lets me work from home part time which she does not allow anyone else. I'm keeping my foot in the door just in case I want to go back after the kids are in school.

Anyway, I'm not sure if would have remembered everything anyway but watching home video's helps. My opinion still does not waiver either way (stay at home versus working) but just had to ramble.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'll tell ya, girlie, I was there for all 3 of the girls "milestones" and I don't remember a stinkin' one of 'em. As much as I love being home, it does tend to turn your brain into oatmeal.

At least you have video. . .

Anonymous said...

Yay A-Ron!!!!
That's Auntie's Boy!!!
He'll be walking within the month!

mommy to an angel said...

HIP-HIP-HORRAY!! I've missed my little man in the last week!!
Don't look back to what you might have missed - just look ahead to all that you will get to enjoy - there are still lots of things that Aidan and Abbey will be doing that you will get to partake in because you aren't working as much as you used to...you did what you had to do at the time, there's nothing bad about that!!