Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Duggers..Huh?

OK- so I'm sitting here watching the Duggers on TV. This is the first time I have watched it.. here is what I observed.
1. Birth Control is not in their vocabulary.
2. They a just plain nuts.
3. I think when the camera's off, they really beat their kids into submission to get them to act so well.
4. I think if they could afford a month long trip, afford the 2 campers and beautiful new house, they could spend a few hundred dollars getting appropriate car seats for their children. For goodness sakes, the baby's car seat looked 10 years old and half the booster seats did not have the strap to go across their chest.
5. How about some birth control, huh? I do have to say, most people that have lots of babies are not taken care of.. at least they are great people to take good care of their kids.

7 comments:

Jen said...

So ya finally watched the Duggars! I love them. Sorta. Here's what I like.

1. The are completely unapologetic for their beliefs.

2. They love their kids and always put them first~as opposed to me who ignores mine to play on the computer.

3. They are SO organized!!

I did notice the car seats too. Drives me NUTS! I also don't really love the she-mullets.

Megan said...

WOW. Once you have seen the Duggars, there is no turning back!! It is like watching a train wreck!! I didn't even know that many "J" names existed.

Mama Duggars hair is so fierce!!

Leenie said...

Her hair is so stylish. I just wonder how she gets the time to curl it.

Aimee said...

I have to agree with you on this one. And yet it still fascinates me everytime I watch it to see how flawlessly that house operates. You know though, now that I think of it, she has like 3 or 4 older daughters, right? I guess that's like having 3 or 4 extra moms in the house. I guess my house would run pretty smooth with all of that help too. And don't even get me started on the hair...

Anonymous said...

Her hair is so wavy...do you think she does home perms??
She is the most organized person on the planet. Plus, I think the dad has his own business, so he is home a lot.

Anonymous said...

If I had all the help she does and all I had to do was nurse the baby & wait to pop out another one for my older kids to raise , I would have all sorts of time to keep my hair nice.
After all her children do all the house work from the three year old up.
Oh well it takes all types of people to make the world go around but I think its time to stop after all its taking a tole on your body , you beginning to old and hagard.

Anonymous said...

I think she is a wonderful mother. She puts her husband first as the Husband-wife relationship should be top priority. Why should we worry about her hair or clothes or whatever, that's so vain. As far as I am concerned I say to Michelle and JimBob... Keep on...repopulate the world with well behaved, considerate, RESPECTFUL, God-fearing, PURE, children. God has obviously used her and she is following God's will for her life and making a difference in mine and many other mom's who desire to be better wives and mothers! God Bless!!