Thursday, May 29, 2008

Girls...Sugar and Spice???

I don't think so---not in my house anyways.
They say girls are easier to potty train......
I DON'T THINK SO!
She just does the exact opposite. I tell her to pee in the potty, she goes in her pants. I tell her to poop in the potty, she goes in her pants.
Is she not ready?? She will be 3 in July. Is it bad to say she is lazy? She can do it, I know she can, she's done it.

Oh, another thing the sweet princess did.... picked her nose, then wiped it on my couch. I caught her just as she was wiping it on the seat. Mean Ole mom, wiped it up with her precious blankie and she had a fit! Miraculously, she was able to clean up her blanket with a Kleenex.

YUK--I'm thinking of taking up a job sucking Porta Potty's clean. It might be more sanitary:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Leenie.
Mabs is finishing up the terrible two's. Watch out for three's!
I'd put her back in diapers for two weeks. It definitely helped MattMatt, even though he still had trouble(as in refused) pooping in the potty for a few more months.
Good Luck!

mommy to an angel said...

Go back to diapers! Even if it's for a week - she might get it. Anytime she wants to do something that is for "big girls" you have to tell her, "no, Abbey can't do that anymore/yet because she's not a big girl - only big girls get to do that!"
Every child is different - but I'm a firm believer in not pushing them - otherwise it becomes a mind game, Abbey is strong willed just like my Ia and YOU WILL NOT WIN!! I didn't win with Ia the first time.
Just be prepared for lots of whining when she can't do "big girl" stuff that she used to be able to do - whining is easier to clean up than poop and pee though.
As for the booger thing - that's just disgusting! Hopefully she got offended by it being on her blankie and won't do it again - that was pretty smart of you, I wouldn't have thought of that!
I don't know what else to tell you - potty training has been the worse part of parenting so far for me - I hated every minute of it, it was hard and I wasn't successful - it just sucked!!

Anonymous said...

We had one that wouldn't consider the potty until about 3.3 years...some just are more stubborn than others!

Hang in there!