Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Priorities

I watch TV, read magazines, blogs and the internet. I'm so thankful to God that my priorities for my children are on the right track.
Although I do not claim to be the best mother. I do TRY to be the best I can be, which, as you mom's know can be tough.
I am proud that I am raising them to have faith. I am proud that if they need to go to the doctor I can take them. (This includes the shrink in about 5 years when his parents are sort of nuts, just kidding, uuuuhhhh hopefully.)

I am proud that they mind their manners (for the most part).

I am proud to buy them clothes at Walmart and Target. (We did not have a lot of money growing so we did buy our clothes at such places and we were taught not to be ashamed of it.) Hey--remember Venture? IT ROCKED.
I'm proud that my child will never go to school saying that a Presidental candidate is a baby killer.
I'm proud that some of my kids best friends will be their cousins. (Oh, I've been informed by Aidan that Olivia and Brandon his cousins also:)

I so happy to have my sisters and good friends to help me thru my parenting when I need it. Thanks guys.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Go Venture!!!! Remember Highland Dept Store?!!! You had to be "elite" to shop there!!

Leenie said...

OHHHH--HDS--I got my first Credit card there.

Leenie said...

AHHH-HDS. That is where I got my first credit card.

mommy to an angel said...

We didn't have everything handed to us growing up either. I didn't know it then, but have found out later in life, that there were times when my parents borrowed money from my grandparents just to put food on the table. I didn't know what brand name was until I was half way through middle school. I didn't have everything handed to me on a silver platter. My parents didn't have a lot to offer when it came to "stuff", but what they did offer was far greater than any of that - - they taught us love - the unconditional kind, respect, to be happy with what you DO have and many other things that will far outway the "stuff". Still to this day my parents would give me the shirt off their backs if they knew I needed it, I wouldn't even have to ask!
I hope to raise the same kind of children! I want my children to be proud of what they have no matter where it came from! That includes Target and Walmart!!

Aimee said...

I SO remember Venture!! That was our Saturday outing! :) And there's nothing wrong with Target and Wal-Mart - LOVE THEM!!!;)

Jen said...

My mom shopped at Carsons and I wore Carter's and Healthtex so I guess I'm spoiled.

My parents wouldn't give me anything now except a loan. With interest.

Leenie said...

My mom tries to make up for what we didn't get when growing up now. However, we all would rather spend time w/ her and do fun things but she's not into doing that too much.