Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Talking about signs....

Is it a sign that the night before I have to work, Aaron is up most of the night? I go into the office 2 times a week for only 2 hours. 5 out of 7 days, he sleeps really well, just gets up for a 3am feeding, and goes back to bed. Last night, he was up from 3am-5am and of course, I planned on going to work for a few hours. Is 48 hours too much every two weeks? I've been praying because it's been hard the last few weeks and very stressful. I was even contemplating on telling my boss I wanted to go to 40 hours every two weeks but haven't done it yet. Is this my sign from God telling me I should do it???If I do reduce my hours.. my pay also decreases by $4.50 an hour. Is it worth the money?

6 comments:

mommy to an angel said...

That's a hard one! I myself could never hold down any kind of a job AND be a stay at home mom...and I only have one kid!! I don't know how some of you girls do it. Maybe it will get better soon! Sorry, I don't have much advice in that department, but I have a friend who lives in Valpo and she kept getting fired from jobs because she was a SAHM - I'd watch out if I were you........ hahahaha!!! ;-)

mommy to an angel said...

BTW - lovin' the Avatar!!

Leenie said...

Ya know-sometimes there's a reason why a person cannot hold down a job or a company does not retain their employees b/c the person doing the hiring is bad...can I "can" my kids?

Megan said...

Working with kids is hard.....Yeah, can you fire your kids?

Flabulous-n-Fabulous said...

I fire my kids all the time. They never leave, though. Sometimes the money isn't worth the hassle of trying to work with kids. You have to weigh the pros and cons for your family. If you need to get out of the house a few hours a week for you own sanity, then it might be a good idea to keep the job. Otherwise you'll just end up getting a sitter and going shopping!
Anne

Jen said...

And what's wrong with getting a sitter and going shopping?!?!?

Like ReeRee said, weigh the pros and cons. I have set up a sweat shop in my kitchen making bows and selling everything that is not nailed down so I can stay home. But I like it. Find what you like. :-)