Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'll Never do that...

Remember when you were a kid or teenager and your parents did something or there was something in general that you said as an adult you would never do or say? Well, here are a few that I said I would never do but find myself doing...

-saying --I'll give you something to cry about.
-saying--If you say that again, I will give you soap.
-saying--You have to wait until your food digests before you go back in the pool. (I now have found the real reason for this. We, adults, are too lazy after we eat to get our butts up and watch the kids in the pool.)
-Watching the news. I find myself looking forward to watching the news. Disgusting--I'm getting old.
-Kicking my kids off a TV so I can watch my own show.
-Kicking my kids off their video game so I can play.
-Driving a minivan.
-Listening to the oldies--yep-- songs from the 80's and 90's.
-saying--Let me go pick some money off the money tree out back.

What about you?

5 comments:

Megan said...

HA!! Oh ya, Dad was big on the money tree!! I say all of the same things too!!

Jen said...

I'm the parent and you are the child.

Not specific saying but yelling at my kid in front of her friends and making her cry. My mom used to do that and I hated it. And what did I do at VBS last night? Made my poor kid cry in front of her friends. Oops.

mommy to an angel said...

"DON'T MAKE ME STOP THIS CAR."
"I WILL TURN THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND AND GO BACK HOME!"

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not "...." mom! His mom will take care of him!

Anonymous said...

"Who do you think you are talking to?!!"

"I'm going to count to three...one, two, two and a half, three! Don't make me count again...one...."

"I wasn't born yesterday."

"Kids these days are so spoiled"

"Well if you don't like it here..then go live somewhere else."