Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Changing my point of view--a little anyway-

About 10 months ago, I was watching Dr. Phil--Yes, I like watching him--. Anyway, the subject was about stay at home mom's versus working mom's. The stay at home mom said that working mothers do so because it is a way out of raising their kids,they are selfish, and she said some pretty rotten thing. Being a working mother at the time-I was screaming at the TV yelling back saying that was not true --yada yada yada. I actually thought i was going to have a heart attack because I was so angry.

Now that I work part time from home, I can see why that a SAHM would say some of that. IT IS HARD WORK! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it would be this hard. I love it! But it IS hard. I have NOTHING against working mothers. It is a choice and there is nothing wrong with it at all. I fully support anyone who makes a decision to stay at home or work.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Welcome to SAHM-land!

I take my hat off to gals to go off to a job and do the mom thing. My only pet peeve is when people treat me as if I sit on my a$$ all day. My sis-in-law is pregger with #1 and her hubby is all "no wife of mine is going to sit home all day" I did pipe up at that point.

"Seriously? You think I sit all day?"

That's what I hate. All moms work and all moms work hard. Just different kinds of work.