Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Secret Night Life.....A Circus Act

My life at night is compared to that of a Clown Car--



A never ending line of fun things going on in my life at night.



10:00pm I finally get Aaron to sleep and in bed-settled (with bumper pads).

10:45pm I hunker down to sleep myself

12:15am Aidan wanders into my room, and tells me he can't sleep. I tell him then to just lay in bed and not to wake his brother up.

1:00am Aaron wakes up for his Midnight feeding-yeah-he was an hour late w/ it. He did go back to sleep in his crib-YEAH

2:15am Abbey wakes up, turns her light on-yep she can reach it now because I moved her furniture around. She immediately proclaims that she wants water. I tell her OK--if she is a good girl, I will give her water in the morning. (I do realize that this will probably only work for a few more months until she starts figuring out what I said.)

5:30am Aaron wakes once again for ANOTHER bottle. He was on the other side of the bed but not banging his head on the rails. Dan did help out by warming his bottle.
6:45am Aaron finally goes back to sleep.
7:45am Aidan and Abbey get up.
8:15am Aaron finally wakes up.

And that folks is a night in the life of my Circus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes...sucks to be you. Maybe I can take care of them at night, and you can watch my kids during the day while I sleep :)

Leenie said...

You got it! Sounds like a good plan! We probably should have related living quarters or something.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should just build one big house and live together. I won't mind living in "ManLand".

Aimee said...

Sounds like my nights! I swear I'm up 5 times a night for something - even if it's just a kid coughing or something - I'm such a light sleeper - it stinks!! I can totally sympathize with you!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.