Monday, June 30, 2008

Bump in the Night

This past weekend we went to see my new nephew Mason in Indy at Riley's Hospital. To see the going on's about it, go here to Megzy's website. He is doing great and is ready to be released tomorrow which is a great blessing from God.
It was a great visit. I was formally designated the favorite auntie. (Ree Ree, just let it be. You know it's true.) Everytime I talked to Mason, he just had to open his eyes to look at me and bat his beautiful long lashes at me. That was the best part of the trip.
However, we did get about an hour of shopping in the city and Big Mare bought us whatever we wanted. She even bought us lunch and dinner. Today, she told me she had such a good time that she is going to start saving so we can do it a few times a year. This was the first time EVER that my mom and sisters actually have done an overnight trip and it was so nice. We stayed at my sister and brother in law's house in Carmel. Their house is HUGE. Tyler, my nephew, was gracious enough to give his bed to Ree Ree and myself. Just as we fell asleep....I fell out of bed....screaming the whole way down. I must have been dreaming but I don't remember about what. Normally, when you fall, you brace your self but not this time, just one large THUD...entire body on the floor at one time. Needless to say, we laughed out loud about it for about 15 minutes before we could fall asleep. I'm still waiting to see what type of bruises appear but so far, nothing.

5 comments:

mommy to an angel said...

I can't believe I missd out on that trip - sounds like you guys had a great time!
I can't believe you fell out of bed, and the way you worded sounded like you and ReeRee AND Tyler all slept in the same bed - I know what you mean, but it sounded funny :-)

Leenie said...

Yep= it sure did sound like he slept w/ us so I fixed it. Not sure he would have fit between us:)

Megan said...

Despite everything going on, I had a great time also. It was so nice to get out for a while and do some normal things...especially with Reece. Susan's house is awesome. She is just so sweet. Thanks again for coming down...I don't know what I would do without all of you guys...thanks for keeping me from going nuts:)

Anonymous said...

I still laugh hysterically every time I think about you falling out of bed. All I heard was "AHHHHHHHH"!!!! thud. You scared the crap out of me. You were sitting up on the floor with a blanket over your head. What a sight. I couldn't fall back asleep! It was sooo funny! I had a blast. We definitely need to do this more often.

Jen said...

SO glad you guys had fun!!! Tell Big Mare her adopted daughters wanna tag along too. :-)

So where's the bruise?!