Wednesday, December 3, 2008

USPS

OK--does anyone know if the USPS guy is allowed to smoke in his truck? I purchased a few things that were delivered by the mailman and they REEEK of cigarette smoke. On Monday, I thought maybe it would be just a one time thing but yesterday and today, I received 2 more packages and they smell so bad that I had to throw the box away.

Guess I'm just blowing smoke (ha ha) but I paid good money for these items and am sad that they are stinky. :(


UPDATE: The USPS DID call me back. Funny---the guy said that no--he our temporary carrier doesn't smoke cigarette's, he smokes cigars. YUCK. He is not allowed to smoke in the truck and only on breaks and lunch.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think they are allowed to but they do it anyway. I have gotten crabby buyers on Ebay about it since my auctions say "smoke free home". You can complain but I bet it won't change. I feel your pain.

ReeRee said...

It's amazing how some folks who smoke don't have any idea how offensive the smell is to those who don't smoke. And then there are those who do know and don't give a rat's a$$.

Anonymous said...

I sense a letter coming.....

Leenie said...

Nope--just a phone call was made but I know nothing is going to come of it. You can't talk to the branch directly so they "relay" the message and said someone should call back by tomorrow. However, I don't think they will call.